Wednesday, January 29, 2014

valentine canvas

Valentine's Day seems to be a love or hate holiday.  You know what I mean?  You either love it or hate it.  Which I don't understand.  I've been single on Valentine's Day before and it didn't depress me or anything.  I look at it as a day to celebrate any relationships you have with someone you love.  That could be a significant other, or you could just let your mom know that you really appreciate and love her.  Maybe I'm just weird, but whatevs.  Anyway, I always want to decorate so here is a fun decoration that comes together really quickly.



The original that I went off of used lipstick.  I wanted something a bit more hardy and that I could keep for more than one year so I used paint.

Here's how to make this valentine canvas:
Buy a canvas in any size you wish (mine is an 8X10).  Lightly trace a heart shape in pencil in the middle of your canvas.  Paint stripes on a diagonal in different pinks and reds.  While that dries, cut out the letters to express whatever Valentine sentiment you'd like.  I used a cricut machine but you can use whatever you'd like, you can even just print them off on a colored card stock so you don't have to cut out each letter.  This is probably the option I would use but I borrowed my mom's cricut for this craft.  Glue the letters to the bottom of the canvas and you're done!  P.S. If you don't want to do the letters you don't have to, the canvas is just as cute without them!  Win win :)

My inspiration is from here

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment