Monday, August 4, 2014

getting to know me, day 3

Question 3.  How did you and your husband meet?
Answer 3.  This is my favorite story of all time!  Except for maybe our first date, but that is for a different day.  
Speaking of my hubby, I'm not really sure what to call him on this blog.  I'm trying to stay away from naming him or my baby.  I need to decide on that I guess.  But again, I digress!  

We first met when I was 15 and he was 21.  He had just returned from a mission for our church.  His mom had volunteered him to play the lead role in a church play that my aunt just happened to be directing.  I went to the play to help with refreshments and watch.  He played the role of Joseph Smith.  And let me tell you, he was the most handsome Joseph Smith ever!  I couldn't take my eyes off him and was completely in love.  I was thrilled afterwards when he came up to me and asked me about myself!!!  I pretty much swooned over his big blue eyes.  After we chatted for a few minutes we both went our separate ways.  I remember asking my mom on the way home if she thought that in a year, when I was 16, he would date me.  She told me yes (what else was she supposed to say to her baby daughter??) and worried over how she would console me when he inevitably got married in six months or less.  Well, he didn't get married in six months.  I kept track of him and he kept track of me for the next few years.  Whenever my mom or I would see him we would tell the other, "I saw Old Blue Eyes today!"
Did I just stumble upon some inspiration for his name?  Perhaps perhaps.

  I literally wished on stars that he wouldn't get married so we could date when I was older.  Four years later, after lots of boyfriends for me and lots of girlfriends for him, we "met" again.  This time, the timing (and my age...) was right and we started dating.


the two of us on our honeymoon



Fact 3.  I like to write long and wordy posts.  I just don't feel like myself when I try to keep things short.  Hopefully that is ok with ya'll!


-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment