Monday, September 22, 2014

mint chocolate chip cookies

I realized the other day that I haven't posted a recipe in a long long time!  What is up with that?  I am fixing that little issue today.  Right now in fact.

If you love chocolate and if you love mint, these little babies are for you.  These are some of my very very favorite cookies!  They are so yummy and so easy to whip up a batch.  They are also perfect for any holiday cookie exchanges you may have coming up in the next few months.  I promise you people will be asking for your recipe.  Also, this is a family recipe, how cool is that??


Look at me try to be all artsy fartsy with my pictures.  Are you proud?  I was!!


Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients: (these are in groups to make it a little easier)

Group one:

  • 2/3 cups butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
Group two:
  • 2 large eggs**
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 package melted milk chocolate chips
Group three:
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package mint chocolate chips

Instructions: 
Blend together group one.  In a separate bowl, beat group two (I melt the chips in a glass measuring cup in the microwave with 30 second bursts, mixing between each one.  Then I just mix the eggs and vanilla into that same container).  Add group two to group one and mix.  Mix together group four, minus the mint chips.  Add to groups one and two and mix, when all mixed in, fold in the mint chips.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  They sometimes don't look quite done in the oven, but I promise they are!  Don't overcook.

**You MUST use large eggs.  I used small/medium eggs last week when I made these for a family party and the dough was quite crumbly.  I baked them anyway and they were delicious right out of the oven but after they cooled they got really hard instead of being the soft chewy cookie they are meant to be!  If you only have smaller eggs, add another one or a little more butter.  If you find that your dough is crumbly at the end, add a little more butter (The dough shouldn't be super sticky, but it should never be crumbly).

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!  Thanks for stopping by.

-Megan

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful! I am impressed by how smooth you get your chocolate on the cake.
    this looks amazing! I love zucchini so will have to try this. Thank you so much for sharing. The recipe is lovely.

    ReplyDelete