Friday, September 12, 2014

peaches everywhere

Guys.  GUYS!  Guess what happened?  Today Lindsey over at Better After featured my high chair makeover I did last year!  I was so excited!  I love her blog and she is so funny and definitely someone I look up to in the blogging world.  I've been doing a happy dance all day about it.




It's canning season over in my neck of the woods!  Do you can?  Do you wish you canned?  It is not as hard as it looks, you can totally do it.  Every year I get sort of nervous and then I'm always surprised at how easy it really is.  You just have to follow the directions.  

Today we did peaches.  I looooove peaches!  They are probably my favorite fresh fruit.  After the canning process I still like them, but I do prefer them fresh.  BUT...it is always the nicest thing to have a can of fruit to open up in the middle of the winter when you aren't sure what to pair with dinner.  Today at my mom's house there were six of us ladies and seven babies between us all.  It was cray cray for awhile there!
I sort of feel silly for using the "cray cray" word...

Anyway, after a few hours we had 147 quarts of peaches to call our own.  Basically it was awesome.  Busy but awesome.
Add to all of this that I was making dinner to take to a friend who just had a baby, making dinner for all of us who were canning, baking bread, baking cookies, and also doing all my laundry today.  I am ready to drop right where I am and sleep.  On the tile. 


Some of our lovely jars.
Not gonna lie, it sort of makes me giddy inside when I see those jars lined up all pretty like.
What do you guys like to can?  We are planning on salsa next week!

-Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment