Thursday, September 18, 2014

the middle of a lamp redo

I'm in the middle of redoing a pair of lamps I have over here.  They were brass but I've painted them white.  I'm trying to decide what color(s) of fabric I want to use for the shades.  I have a really pretty grey and white fabric that I love but I'm wondering if I should use some more color instead?  The good thing about the grey is that it will match anything.
Which is a good thing when your husband is a student, your furniture is mismatched already, and you don't have enough of the mullah to buy matchy matchy stuff.

Anyway, I thought I'd share what I've done so far and see what you guys think!

Also, we are moving soon and will have so much more room to live and breathe in!  It will be awesome.  
The thing that is not so awesome is the background in these pictures.  We currently live in about 30 square feet so please ignore the fact that my couch, desk, painting easel, hiking backpack for Peanut, and the rest of my life is in my bedroom.

Before.  This is not the original shade, nor will it be the one I recover.  I don't love the shape of it.

And after...so far.


I really love how they have turned out so far.  I can't wait to get them finished!  Now I need some opinions.  I got this little stool for a steal and am going to repaint it and attach some wheels to the top because my little man LOVES wheels.  It's not going to be the cutest toy but you can bet it will be his very favorite (I hope).  My question is, what color should I paint it?  His room is gong to be red but I'm thinking a  different color to give him some variation.  Thoughts?



Thanks for stopping by!  xoxo
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment